Companies today face increased pressure to quantify and report their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions due to government regulations, investor demands and business requirements. Many small businesses don’t have the time or resources in-house to devote to this highly technical and time-consuming task, requiring them to outsource it to expensive consultants.
North Star Carbon Management is a new SaaS solution that addresses this problem by providing simple, user-friendly carbon accounting and management software. The tool allows companies to streamline their GHG accounting and reporting and more quickly reach their net-zero targets by:
- Automating data transfer and GHG calculations by directly connecting to internal and external systems via its OpenAPI platform.
- Using the most intuitive and user-friendly interface among carbon accounting software platforms.
- Setting short-term, medium-term and long-term carbon-reduction targets aligned with the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTI).
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on progress toward carbon-reduction goals.
- Utilizing an AI-enabled planning function to create decarbonization roadmaps that model future scenarios across all emission sources and determine ideal pathways to net-zero emissions.
- Understanding the financial costs of all emission sources and savings and the ROI of all carbon-reduction projects and plans.
- Pulling complete audit reports and all source data in two clicks, providing complete transparency into all calculations, emission factors and estimations.
Sustainability expert and North Star Carbon Management founder Josh Prigge commented:
“Until now, collecting and reporting emissions data has been a cumbersome process that has required a specialized skillset. We created North Star Carbon Management to be so user-friendly and intuitive that even an intern could lead your company’s GHG emissions inventory. The feedback from our beta testers and early customers is that we’ve achieved this.”
North Star Carbon Management was beta-tested by some of America’s most recognizable brands in consumer goods and investment banking, and the team has already established strategic partnerships with leading accounting firms and sustainability consultants.